There are many filtration applications that can be filled by foam.
- Automotive pre-filters
- Small engine filters
- Oil-coated small particle filters
- Washable reusable filters
- Multi-layer progressive filters
- Oil – water separation
- Platforms for ceramic filters
- Platforms for molten metal filtration
Materials used for custom filter fabrication often benefit from the “reticulation” process, which removes the cell membranes and impurities, and greatly enhances urethane’s natural toughness. It enables us to make foams as course as 3 PPI (pores per linear inch) and as fine as 110 PPI for applications that range from hydrocarbon filters to makeup applicators.